These Matcha Cranberry Scones are full of sweet surprises- dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and almonds to be exact!
Makes enough to share.
An original recipe found on the blog.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (cold and cubed)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cashew milk (sub any type of milk)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3-1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Sliced almonds and sanding sugar (to top)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 tsp cashew milk (sub any type of milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Sift and whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add the cold and cubed butter to the dry ingredients and cut with a pastry cutter (or two knives) until crumbly.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, along with the dried cranberries and white chocolate, until a soft dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Flatten each chunk until the dough is about 3/4 inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 wedges and place on a greased baking sheet, flattening the sides as necessary.
- Dab the wedges with cashew milk and top with sanding sugar and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- For the glaze: mix the powdered sugar, cashew milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Top the scones with glaze as desired, and enjoy!
We recommend using our Original Japanese Matcha for this recipe.Buy Original Matcha