There’s just something about stacks of fluffy, buttery breakfast cakes that makes us feel like we’re starting the morning off with dessert.
Makes enough to share.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp cashew milk
- 1 handful white chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients.
- Whisk briefly until just combined, being careful not to over-mix. Your batter should still have some small clumps of flour.
- If you’d like to add white chocolate chips to your pancakes, add a handful now and briefly stir again.
- Lightly grease a small pan with oil and heat on medium-low.
- Once the pan is hot, transfer 2-3 spoonfuls of batter onto the center of the pan, spreading the batter with the back of the spoon.
- Cook for about 1 minute, until small bubbles start to rise to the surface and burst.
- Flip and cook for another minute, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
- Top with more white chocolate chips, honey, butter, and enjoy!
We recommend using our Original Japanese Matcha for this recipe.Buy Original Matcha