These breakfast bites are vegan, gluten-free, and perfect for those busy, on-the-go mornings!
Makes 8 cookies.
Recipe credit: The New Baguette.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 1¾ cups rolled oats, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 really ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup turbinado or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons Culinary Grade Matcha
- ½ cup shelled pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir the flax with 2 tablespoons of filtered water (this is known as a “flax egg”). Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes while you prepare the rest of the ingredients – the resulting “egg” should be thick and slightly gelatinous.
- Pour 1 cup of the oats into a food processor and grind them to a fine meal, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the ground oats to a medium bowl, along with the remaining ¾ cup oats, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the banana, coconut oil, sugar, matcha and the flax egg. Fold the oat mixture into the banana mixture, stirring just until combined. Fold in the pistachios.
- Spoon the mixture onto the prepared baking to make 8 cookies, spacing them 1-2 inches apart. Bake until lightly golden, 12-14 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let sit for 10 minutes before eating.
- If not eating immediately, place cooled cookies in an airtight container and store in a cool dry place for up to 3 days.
We recommend using our Original Japanese Matcha for this recipe.Buy Original Matcha