Matcha mornings are best with these golden and crisp Matcha Waffles topped with a naturally sweet raspberry coulis!
Makes 6 waffles.
For the Waffles
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop (30g) vanilla protein powder of choice
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 egg or chia egg (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp water)
- ¼ cup natural or dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut or rapeseed oil
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used almond milk)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
For the Coulis
- 1 punnet raspberries
- Handful of strawberries, quartered and stems removed
- ½ tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place all the coulis ingredients into a saucepan and heat gently, stirring and breaking down the berries as you go.
- Once that is done, set the coulis aside to thicken and heat the waffle iron according to the instructions.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Create a well in the large bowl and add your wet ingredients, whisking them together and mixing the wet into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Coat the waffle iron with some oil and scoop about ¼ to ½ cup of the mixture per waffle into the iron.
- Cook until golden and crisp, about 3-5 minutes, then serve with the coulis.
We recommend using our Original Japanese Matcha for this recipe.Buy Original Matcha