Treat your sweetheart to breakfast in bed with this classic Belgium waffle with a healthy Matcha twist!
Makes 5 waffles.
Recipe credit: Modest Marce.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Culinary Grade Matcha
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Fresh berries, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together the butter, egg yolk, honey, sugar & vanilla extract.
- Add milk. stir until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl sift together the flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients & stir until a lumpy batter is formed.
- Whisk the remaining egg white to stiff peaks. gently fold egg white into the batter, ensuring not to deflate the whites.
- Heat and grease waffle iron. cook waffles according to your waffle makers instructions.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, berries & maple syrup.
We recommend using our Original Japanese Matcha for this recipe.Buy Original Matcha